Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 12

Day 12

(blogged by Stacey and Ben)

Ben's Blog.....
The early bag pull this morning at 7:00AM was a relief to me (Ben).  I was finally going to be able to get cell phone reception and air conditioning again!  So, I was well ready to get this day started!  The first thing on the itinerary for today was a few of us, from our group, were going on a flight in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon.  I (Ben) was the only one going from our family because mommy is not a big fan of flying and daddy has been in a helicopter before (this is true, but also doesn't make us sound like cheapskates).  If you ever go to the Grand Canyon....I truly believe there is only one way to see this epicness.  It's not from the ground....it's from the sky.  The helicopter sat six passengers and one pilot.  This ride lasted about 30 minutes.  So, if you ever go to the Grand Canyon, this is a great way to see it!

Here I go!

Buckling up! 
 


Liftoff


There he goes!  Off for a 30 min. flight over The Grand Canyon.

I'm back!  Safe and sound!




Stacey's Blog...
After Ben's exciting flight over Grand Canyon we left this area and were headed to Las Vegas.  What we didn't know is that one of our stops was going to be along Historic Route 66.  This was a fun stop.  For those of you who are familiar with the Cars movie, you know why I had my picture taken beside Doc, Lightning McQueen and Mater.  I woke Ben up (who had been sleeping on the bus for awhile), but he wasn't interested in stretching his legs during this stop so he slept on.  He missed a GREAT stop!  However, he was making up for sleep he lost the night before without any air conditioning. 
Lightning McQueen

Ker-chow!


Doc





 
Finally, it was on to Las Vegas.  We will be here the next 3 nights.  Will post pictures on this stop tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment